Flow Meter Fundamentals
Two (2) Sessions, Each Part 3 Hours (6 Hours Total)
November 30 & December 2 10:00am – 1:00pm CDT
This flow course provides drinking and waste water operators with an understanding of the different types of flow meters typically used to measure the flow of water, sludge, air or biogas. For each measuring technology, the training will focus on the principles of operation, typical use cases in a water or waste water treatment plant, troubleshooting basics, installation influences, handling error codes and possible process issues and challenges.
We will also discuss how pressure and temperature can influence the flow measurement of air and gasses as well as the fundamental differences between verification, calibration and validation of instruments to help participants understand how this applies to their operations.
This class will be delivered in an online webinar format using Microsoft Teams. The training will be run as two separate webinars, with 3 hours of learning time in each session.
- Basics of flow metering
- Electromagnetic flow meter technology basics
- Ultrasonic flow meter technology basics
- Coriolis mass flow meter technology basics
- Thermal mass flow meter technology basics
- Troubleshooting basics
- Flow meter installation influences
- Handling error codes in flow meters
- Process influences on flow measurement
- Fundamental differences between verification, calibration and validation
Trainer: Steve Moores
Steve Moores has been with Endress+Hauser for over 30 years. First as a Field Service Technician in the UK and Western Canada, then for the last 5-years as the Flow Application Specialist for Canada. He has amassed a wide range of experiences across many industries in both roles.