Confined Space Entry & Rescue
This program is based on the requirements of Provincial legislation and competencies within NFPA 1006. The Confined Space Entry session thoroughly covers competencies required by those who intend to enter confined spaces as part of their work duties. The 2nd day of training adds the responsibilities for Standby Workers and methods of Entry Rescue in Non-IDLH spaces.
The Course Covers
- Definition of a Confined Space and Examples
- Provincial Legislation, CSA z1006, NFPA 1006
- Case studies
- Hazards of Confined Spaces
- Safe work procedures and Entry permits
- Standby Worker responsibilities
- Atmospheric monitoring and Calibration
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Rescue requirements
Confined Space Entry Rescue
Prerequisite: Confined Space Entry
This second day of training helps to ensure that those tasked with the roles and responsibilities of rescue fully understand the importance and the legislated responsibilities of the role. Participants will be challenged with Entry Rescue skills, techniques and scenarios to removal entrants from non-IDLH confined spaces.
The Course Covers
- What is an Emergency
- Rescue & CSA z1006
- Rescue Roles
- Rescue PPE & Equipment
- Victim Removal
- Ropes & Rigging
- Haul systems
- Emergency REsponse Plans
- Victim Care
The cost covers the participant materials, certificates, and wallet cards.
No refunds or cancellations after Tuesday, November 12th, 2019. Please ensure that payment for the workshop has been received by the MWWA office by Tuesday, November 12th, 2019.
Participants in this workshop are eligible for 1.2 CEUs under the Manitoba Operator Certification program.
The Manitoba Water and Wastewater Association will not assume any responsibility for injury, loss of life or lost or stolen articles at any MWWA function by delegates, exhibitors and/or speakers.
Course fee includes lunch, refreshments and course materials.
In the event of attendee no show, refunds will not be issued. Substitutions will be permitted.
Attendees will be considered registered only when payment has been received.
· MWWA Membership application available at: https://mwawa.wildapricot.org/join-us
· Inclement Weather Policy: The MWWA conducts a number of workshops during the winter months when the possibility of inclement weather could arise. Should the weather be questionable, contact us toll free at (866) 396-2549 or locally at (204) 239-6868 or on the Website at: www.mwwa.net to determine whether or not your workshop will be proceeding.
· In the event that a workshop is cancelled due to weather, it will be re-scheduled at a later date.