Full-Time Utility Plant Operator
This position is responsible for the routine operation of the Town of Churchill’s water / wastewater treatment and distribution systems. This includes the CR30 Pump House, Lake Pump House, Water Pumping Station, Water Treatment Plant and Sewer Treatment Plant.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer of Utilities, the successful candidate is a person who is committed to working in a team environment, have a very strong work ethic with the ability to identify analyze and propose solutions to water and wastewater issues.
The successful candidates will possess:
· 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate
· Water & Wastewater Treatment Level 2 Certificates
· Wastewater Collection and Water Distribution Level 1 Certificates
· A valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision ensuring the safety of personal, building and equipment
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
· A positive attitude, with an eagerness to learn and develop skills
Consideration will be given to applicants without full certification who have the ability to obtain the certifications within a prescribed timeframe.
This position is represented by a labour union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the USWA Local 8660 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
A complete job description outlining the duties and responsibilities is available.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO:
The Town of Churchill
Administration Services Office
P.O Box 459
email: email@example.com Open until filled