Town of Gillam
Water Works Operator
Full time permanent
CIRCULAR: #2020-07- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
- Performs operational duties such as Monitoring Meters, collecting Samples, controlling and adjusting chemicals levels
- Performs and records laboratory tests to monitor treatment processes
- Assists with maintenance and repairs on equipment such as DAF units, saturators, motors, pumps, sand filters, UV bulbs and ballasts, sequencing batch reactors, waste wagon, grit removal
- Performs maintenance and repairs on distribution and collection systems
- Cleans and maintains treatment facilities and associated areas
- Unloads and stocks chemicals and other materials received
- Follow all Town policies, procedures and applicable Provincial and/or Federal
statutes and regulations.
- Operate and maintain simple power tools, hand tools and equipment.
- Assist other employees as directed.
- Assist in training new/other employees.
- Work with other employees as a team.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Indoor and outdoor.
· Lifting 50 lbs
· Handling chemical drums
· 40 hour work week.
· Overtime and on-call shifts are required.
· Certified Water Treatment Plant Operator Class 3
· Certified Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator Class 2
· Certified Collections Operator Class 1
· Certified Distribution Operator Class 1
· Minimum 18 years of age.
· Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
· Physically capable of performing all duties of the position.
· Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
WAGE RATE and BENEFITS(as per current IBEW contract):
- $27.00 – 30.86 per hour
- Housing provided (rent and utilities approx. $70 bi-weekly)
- Northern Living Allowance $150-$275 bi-weekly
- Full benefits (dental, prescriptions, etc.)
- Full pension
- 3 week vacation after one year service – 4wk/2yr service, 5wk/3yr service, 6wk/4yr service, 7wk/15yr service
- 500 hour replenishable bank time
- Northern trips (up to 3 trips paid to fly or drive south to Winnipeg)
- Medical trips (paid trips to see medical specialist as required)
- Overtime is Double time pay/bank
- Cell phone allowance
- Work vehicle provided
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES TO BE DIRECTED TO:
Jesse Taylor, Water Works Manager
1(204) 871-4500 cell
1(204) 652-3150 office