THE TOWN OF WINNIPEG BEACH
The Town owns and operates a water and wastewater utility consisting of a water treatment plant, water distribution system, wastewater treatment lagoon system, and a wastewater collection system. The Utility serves 1,735 customers (as at February 2018) consisting of 115 metered water and wastewater customers and 1,620 unmetered wastewater only customers. The Utility does not service any customers outside the Town boundaries.
The utility operator will be in charge of the following systems and must possess the following certifications:
Class 1 water treatment
Small system water distribution
Class 1 wastewater collection
Class 2 wastewater treatment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing routine inspections on equipment; motors, pumps, analyzers, wells and supply lines as required,
- Ensure Town of Winnipeg Beach Environment Act Licence is adhered to
- Investigating and correcting, and or seek support to correct operational issues,
- Quarterly water meter readings
- Maintaining and updating procedural manuals,
- Receiving transporting and managing chemicals,
- Monitoring and responding to emergency alarms/calls,
- Responding to resident/customer inquiries,
o Adhering to Workplace Safety & Health Standards and operational policies, procedures and processes.
o Performing, or have performed by a third-party, lab tests on water and waste water samples,
o Testing and recording daily chlorination residuals,
- Ensuring test results and other pertinent data is recorded as per department procedures and protocols,
o Creating reports (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, and/or as required).
- Ordering, or requesting the ordering of required replacement parts,
o Performing basic equipment repairs,
o Recommending to the Council the need to replace and or upgrade equipment.
- Responding to issues that arise in a timely manner and with a concern for safety,
- All other duties related to the utility
The Town is interested in pursuing any of the following options in order to secure a utility operator.
- Contracting or employing an operator
- Contracting with another municipality or organization
- Sharing an operator/operators with another municipality or organization
Duties are to commence as soon as possible.
This position will remain open until filled
Please submit resumes or proposals to:
Doreen Steg, CAO
Town of Winnipeg Beach
Winnipeg Beach, MB R0C 3G0