Located 20 minutes from Winnipeg, Selkirk is a vibrant small city with a hometown feel. Our close-knit community loves to celebrate, learn, and explore in the company of good neighbours. All through the year, there are many opportunities to enjoy local talent, learn about our past and seek out new interests. The City of Selkirk is currently in search of a Manager of Utilities to join our team of professionals. The qualified individual will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Water Treatment Facility, Wastewater Treatment facility, Water Distribution Network and Wastewater Collection Network.
As Manager of Utilities some of your key responsibilities will be:
· Leadership & Employee Development: supports an environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation; stimulates others to learn; and inspires others to perform to their highest potential.
· Exceptional Citizen Service: provide maximum value from community resources, by being directly responsible for the current and future operation and maintenance of all City water treatment, wastewater treatment, wastewater collection and water distribution facilities and systems within the jurisdiction of the Division.
· Financial Management: prepare and submit the Division’s annual operating budget.
· Administrative Management: to direct, administer and monitor all work assignments, equipment, inventory supplies and facilities within the Division, including the maintenance of records of daily time, preparation of time for payroll and equipment charge outs, and to ensure the efficient and effective provision of services to other Departments and Divisions.
· Capital Asset Management Program: support the development and delivery of the City’s Capital Asset Management Program by providing professional advice and undertaking related tasks as needed.
Salary range is $90,103.17 to $101,411.91 that will be determined by qualifications and experience, plus the City offers a benefits package.
Minimum qualifications shall include:
· Grade 12 with preference for college or post secondary education
· Successful completion of courses and/or experience in the following:
· Water Treatment Plant Operations
· Water Distribution Operations
· Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
· Wastewater Collection Operations
· Management and/or Supervisory of Personnel
· Record Keeping and Budget Preparation
· A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in a supervisory role preferably in a Municipal Water and Wastewater Setting
· Possession of a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, email & internet, and the ability to learn new technology as required
· Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
· Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand and deliver written and verbal instructions
· Experience providing exceptional customer service
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and external contacts
· Manitoba Utility Operator Class III Certification for Water Treatment
· Class II Certification for Wastewater Treatment
Wastewater Collection and Water Distribution
Full job description available on the City’s website.
If you would like more information about this position, please visit myselkirk.ca. If you believe you can make a strong contribution to the City of Selkirk as the Manager of Utilities, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting position #2020-30. Resumes will be accepted until June 19th, 2020.
The City of Selkirk is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an inclusive work environment. Applicants who require accommodation during the hiring process are encouraged to contact the City’s Human Resources Division at the email mentioned above.