Town of Arborg
Employment Opportunity ~ Assistant Public Works Supervisor
Under the direction of the Public Works Foreman, the successful candidate will serve the community by maintaining infrastructure, including Water & Sewer Utilities.
· Province of Manitoba Sustainable Development Certification in
o Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution
o Class 1 Wastewater Treatment & Collection
OR obtain within 1 year of employment date.
· Possess basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical knowledge
· Ability to operate and maintain various heavy equipment
· Ability to attend necessary training in variety of topics, eg: Confined Spaces, CPR, WHIMIS, etc.,
· Familiarity with Manitoba Workplace Health & Safety requirements and procedures
· Minimum Grade 12 Education, or equivalent
· Valid Drivers License
· Physically capable of performing all work tasks
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Previous employee supervision would be considered an asset
This position requires standby and on call duties with responses after hours when necessary.
The Town of Arborg will be offering competitive salary compensation with experience and qualifications as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume marked Assistant Public Works Supervisor, with salary expectations, by March 11, 2020 to:
Town of Arborg CAO
PO Box 159 Arborg MB R0C 0A0
The Town of Arborg thanks all who apply, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.