Assistant Waterworks Manager
The Town of Gillam, Manitoba, is seeking a driven, motivated individual to become the new Assistant Waterworks Manger who is willing to grow amongst their team and reinforce their values.
The Town of Gillam, located in northern Manitoba 300km northeast of Thompson, is a vibrant, progressive, family friendly community with a proud history and exciting future. The community has an abundance of opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, and more.
As the Assistant Waterworks Manager, you will work with a collaborative team to ensure that quality water is delivered to the community, and clean, treated wastewater is returned to the local environment. Reporting to the Waterworks Manager, you will contribute to the success of the operation by performing preventative maintenance, quality assurance, and providing effective solutions. A new $35M Water Treatment Plant is expected to be operational in the next 6 months, and at $10M upgrade to the Sewage Plant is on the near horizon.
Some duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing operators on the crew and monitoring plant performance and equipment.
- Implementing best operational practices within the operations team.
- Performing operator duties and recording quality operational records.
- Making decisions regarding plant isolations, plant operations, and performance to meet or exceed conditions of the Contract requirements and the Regulatory Requirements.
- Performing field tests for troubleshooting and implementing process improvements.
- Reviewing computerized operating and laboratory data.
- Working with the Maintenance team to ensure that the Plant is maintained properly.