We are now accepting applications for:
Water Treatment Operator Level 3
Class 2 Certification
**More than one position may be filled from this competition**
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City’s water treatment operations. Assists the Class 4 and/or Class 3 Operators with operating the equipment that processes water to acceptable standards. Works towards achieving the certifications, qualifications and experience required to perform the tasks of the Class 4 Operator at the Water Treatment Facility.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Must hold and maintain a Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- A Class 2 Operator’s Certificate in Water Treatment as issued by Manitoba Conservation;
- Any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation;
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a Water Treatment Facility.
- Must possess the ability to work in heights, confined spaces, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to participate in continuing education in order to achieve further certifications.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
NOTE: The qualifications are not intended to limit the opportunities for interested candidates but provide the candidates with an understanding of the level of expertise required in this position.
- Two – four years’ post-secondary education in a science field.
- A Class 5 Power Engineering certification issued under the Power Engineer’s Act and regulation within twenty-four (24) months of appointment;
- A Class 4 Power certification issued under the Power Engineer’s Act and regulation within forty-eight (48) months of appointment;
Competition # 230013
|Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Posted on: February 13, 2023
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on March 7, 2023.
|First consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include physical testing, written testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$28.96 - $35.51 per hour - 2023 rates.
This permanent, full-time opportunity of 40 hours per week will include evening & weekend shifts. This position is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!