The Town of Minnedosa
invites applications for a permanent position for a
Water Treatment Plant Operator
The Town of Minnedosa maintains and operates two Water Treatment Plants and a continuous discharge Lagoon Waste Water Treatment System. Water Treatment Plant I is a Class 1 Water Treatment Facility and Water Treatment Plant II is a Class 2 Facility. The Water Distribution System is a Class II. The Wastewater Collection System is a Class II and the Waste Water Treatment is a Class I.
The successful candidate will:
- possess a Grade 12 education or equivalent,
- either be a graduate of, enrolled in or be willing to enroll in the Manitoba Water & Wastewater Association's Certificate Courses in Potable Water and Waste Water Treatment; if not enrolled the successful applicant will do so within 30 days of commencement of duties;
- be willing to participate in any other additional training related to the position that the Town directs;
- possess electrical and mechanical working aptitudes;
- possess at least a current valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver's License;
- as part of the Utilities Team; be able to work evenings and weekends as required on an on-call rotation and for any call out emergencies that may arise from time to time;
- be knowledgeable and willing to learn and work with related computer programs and be able to maintain accurate operating reports;
- be a team player, maintain high standards of conduct, be respectful to the public we serve, be able to demonstrate sound work ethics;
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Town offers an attractive benefits package.
Further information on the required qualifications and detailed duties can be requested by contacting the office.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of related education transcripts to:
Stacy Andrews, Assistant CAO
Town of Minnedosa
Box 426, Minnedosa, MB R0J 1E0
Resumes will be accepted until 4:00pm on Friday, November 18th, 2022.
Thank you to all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.