Utility Distribution Operator
Permanent, Full Time
The Whitehead Elton Regional Water Co-op (WERWC) invites applications for the position of a Utility Distribution Operator.
The successful candidate will help support the water treatment, distribution operations and wastewater systems within the boundaries of the R.M. of Whitehead and the R.M. of Elton, until they are certified to manage the systems on their own. The Utility Operator must be well organized, be detail oriented, and be able to work on tasks on a priority basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing support to other Distribution Operators and the Utility Manager
- Perform general maintenance on a regular basis
- Do daily checks on the booster stations (distribution systems) and Water Treatment Plant (WTP)
- Read, and record data from the booster stations, WTP and supply wells
- Complete reports
- Operate flush outs on distribution system
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Grade 12 Diploma
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be physically capable of walking through rough terrain
- Be able to work shifts and on call weekends (rotation)
- Complete the courses and certification necessary to work on the water system through the Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship, certification program
- Have a strong sense of self-motivation & attention to detail
- A Class One or Two Certification in one or all the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Program from the Province of Manitoba is an Asset
- Experience with GPS equipment, and Google Earth is an Asset
- Any mechanical trades experience or mechanical work experience would be considered an Asset
Wages will be based on qualifications. Benefits will be as outlined in the WERWC Employee Manual.
Individuals interested in this position must send resume with three references via email to email@example.com or deliver to the Rural Municipality of Elton Administration Office, 107129 Road 65N, Forrest, Manitoba.
Resumes will be reviewed on Monday November 10, 2022, although resumes will continue to be received until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Ralph Berg, Utility Manager
Whitehead Elton Regional Water Co-op
107129 Road 65N (Elton Road)
Forrest, Manitoba R0K 0W0