Water Plant Supervisor
The CITY of MORDEN invites applications for the position of Water Plant Supervisor to manage and oversee operations for all functions of the Water Treatment Division. This is a full-time position with a requirement to work on-call and after regular hours, as necessary.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this person will be responsible to:
- Produce safe, potable water, meeting all regulatory requirements of the Province of Manitoba and the City’s Operating Permit.
- Supervise and perform operational duties, lab tests, maintenance of facilities for the Water Treatment Division (encompassing all areas of the treatment facility, reservoirs and pump stations) and has the Operator in Charge responsibility.
- Conduct daily water testing and analysis to ensure strict water quality guidelines are met and that mandatory reports, logs and maintenance records are up to date.
- Supervise staff and assign work as required to ensure the efficient operation of the Department
- Ensure all plant personnel are adequately trained in water treatment and all aspects of plant operations.
- Assist with assessment and development of maintenance plans for the Water Treatment Plant infrastructure and equipment
- Ensure that the Water Treatment Plant adheres to and practices provincial and Workplace Safety and Health rules and regulations in its operations
- Promote and ensure the responsible and efficient use of City resources including fiscal, human, equipment and supplies.
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Four years work experience in a Lime-Soda Water Softening Plant
- Two years work experience supervising Lime-Soda Water Treatment Plant
- Certified as an operator in good standing under the MWWA
- Certified through Manitoba Sustainable Development Water and Wastewater Certification program: Province of Manitoba Level III Certificate in Water Treatment; willing and able to be certified as Province of Manitoba Level IV in Water Treatment if required
- Minimum of two (2) years proven supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in a municipal setting. An equivalent combination of related education and supervisory experience may be considered
- Good working knowledge of computer systems to facilitate proper plant and lab operations
- High School diploma and two (2) years post-secondary diploma in an engineering, science or related field OR High School diploma and 90 CEU’s in water operations, engineering, science or a related field
- Knowledgeable of the Workplace Safety and Health Act
- Proficient in English terminology (oral and written)
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s license
The successful candidate will have successfully demonstrated a high level of initiative and enthusiasm in their approach toward assuming responsibilities in previous roles.
The City of Morden offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume complete with three references by sending applications to:
Human Resources Officer
CITY OF MORDEN
100-195 Stephen Street
Morden, Manitoba R6M 1V3
We thank all for applying and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. A condition of employment is agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record information to the City of Morden.