Water Treatment Plant (WTP) Operator
The Town of Lafleche is seeking applications for the permanent, full-time position of Water Treatment Plant Operator. The operator will ensure that all water and wastewater treatment and distribution comply with the Permits to Operate and Drinking Water Quality Management guidelines.
The operator will also be responsible for completing and submitting all required reports in accordance with the provincial regulations and will act as a direct liaison with the Water Security Agency.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Ideally, Class 3 Water Treatment Certification; however, Operator-in-Training, Class 1 or Class 2 working towards a Class 3 may be considered
- Class 1 Water Distribution Certification
- Class 1 Wastewater Collection and Treatment Certification
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Standard First Aid with Level C CPR Experience
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years experience as an operator in a water treatment plant; however, willing to work with an Operator-in-Training working towards a Class 3
- Operational experience with RO and UF filtration systems
- Operational experience with wastewater collection and discharge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular operations involving all aspects of water production, treatment, storage, instrumentation and control operations of a Class 3 water treatment and Class 1 water distribution, in a newly upgraded facility
- Regular operations involving all aspects of wastewater treatment and collection of a Class 1 Wastewater Treatment/Collection Facility
- Responsible for all chemical and parts inventory and ordering, monitoring expenditures and assisting with the annual budget
- Regular maintenance, repair and cleaning of the WTP
- Review, revise and create applicable policies and procedures
- Schedule and oversee casual and weekend operators
- The Town offers competitive wages and benefits, including a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience; however, the starting wage for a Class 3 Water Treatment Certification begins at $40.00 per hour
- The Town will assist with training costs associated with maintaining the required certifications
The successful applicant can expect the following:
- To work a 40-hour work week
- Participation in the weekend on-call rotation
- Work in all weather conditions
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Provide a clear criminal record check
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract to the Town’s satisfaction
Please forward resume and cover letter prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022 to the attention of Brenda Clampitt.
Town of Lafleche By email: email@example.com
Lafleche, SK S0H 2K0 By fax: 306-472-3706
For more information, please contact Brenda Clampitt at 306-472-5292. We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*The Town of Lafleche is located in southern Saskatchewan, in the center of the RM of Wood River No. 74, with a combined population of about 700. Various amenities are offered including a Pre-K – Grade 12 school, licensed daycare, recreational opportunities for all ages and a short drive away from Thomson Lake Regional Park.