UTILITIES & INSPECTION TECHNICIAN
The Town of Niverville invites applications for the position of Utilities & Inspection Technician within its Operations Department. This position will be responsible for the treatment and delivery of potable water within the Town of Niverville, along with administrative duties including regulatory compliances, certifications, and related inspections. The applicant will also be responsible for a variety of semi-skilled manual labor tasks in the maintenance and repair of public amenities and operation of various pieces of equipment. This is a full-time position with a requirement to work on-call and after regular hours, as necessary.
Reporting to the Utilities & Inspection Manager, this person will be required to:
- Maintain and repair Town of Niverville lift stations, sewer main distribution systems, and water infrastructure systems
- Work with other staff as well as operate equipment when called upon
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Read and communicate in the English language
- Establish effective working relationships with staff and public in a courteous and diplomatic manner
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly and exert 100 pounds of force occasionally
- Ability to climb, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, pull, lift and grasp
- Ability to work in extreme conditions (cold/heat/noise)
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license. Class 5 with Air Brake endorsement (preferred)
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Experience in water and sewer infrastructure is an asset
- Class 1 Certification through the MWWA program in Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment or be willing and able to be certified.
- Pesticide Applicators Certification, or willing and able to be certified.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a high level of initiative and enthusiasm in their approach towards fulfilling responsibilities in previous roles. Conditions of employment are agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record information to the Town of Niverville along with the completion and maintaining of a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check. Please visit https://www.whereyoubelong.ca/living-here/employment/ for a full job description.
The Town of Niverville offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Preference may be given to local residents. Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume complete with three references and salary expectations to:
Utilities & Inspection Technician
Town of Niverville
Box 267, Niverville, MB R0A 1E0
Please note that applications submitted without salary expectations will not be considered. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.