TOWN OF ARBORG
PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR
The Town of Arborg is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational and problem-solving skills to fill the position of Public Works Supervisor. This position will be an integral part our succession planning as the Town moves forward. Under the direction of the Public Works Chair and/or the Chief Administrative Officer, the Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing Public Works and Water & Sewer Utility operations.
- Province of Manitoba Sustainable Development Certification in
- Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution
- Class 1 Wastewater Treatment & Collection
- OR obtain within 1 year of employment date.
- Possess basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical knowledge
- Ability to operate and maintain various heavy equipment
- Ability to attend necessary training in variety of topics, eg: Confined Spaces, CPR, WHIMIS, etc.,
- Familiarity with Manitoba Workplace Health & Safety requirements and procedures
- Minimum Grade 12 Education, or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- Physically capable of performing all work tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Previous employee supervision would be considered an asset
This position requires standby and on call duties with responses after hours when necessary.
The Town of Arborg will be offering competitive salary compensation with experience and qualifications as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume marked Public Works Supervisor, with salary expectations, by Friday, August 5th, 2022 to:
Town of Arborg CAO
PO Box 159 Arborg MB R0C 0A0
The Town of Arborg thanks all who apply, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.