EPCOR has One Fulltime Permanent Position available for an Operator III (3) level!
Highlights of the job
As an Operator 3 you are accountable for performing high level Operations functions at the Regina Wastewater Treatment Plant which includes both ensuring water quality exceeds requirements and achieving the required outlook and shift planning.
Info about Regina:
Regina is located on Treaty 4 land and within the traditional territory of the Metis. It is the capital of Saskatchewan and the 16th largest city in Canada - located in the south central area of the province. It is in the middle of the Prairie Provinces with Alberta to the west, and Manitoba to the east, has a diverse and vibrant community and is one of Canada’s fastest growing major cities. Regina is a four-season city that generally experiences warm springs and summers, pleasant falls, and cold, dry winters. With hundreds of parks and an abundance of sport and recreation facilities, arts and cultural centres, museums and performance spaces, major attractions and events all year round, there is something for everyone. Libraries and bicycle pathways add to an exceptional quality of life. To discover more about Regina visit: www.regina.ca
What you’d be responsible for
As a Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Operator working in a highly technical facility, you are accountable for monitoring all ongoing operational aspects of the plant which includes ensuring plant operations conform with operating standards, regulatory approvals and procedures, and initiating control process adjustments in response to changing conditions.
Reporting to the Operations Lead Hand, the Operator 3 key accountabilities are, but not limited to:
- Directing operators on the crew and monitoring plant performance and equipment.
- Implementing best operational practices within the operations team.
- Performing operator duties and recording quality operational records.
- Making decisions regarding plant isolations, plant operations, and performance to meet or exceed conditions of the Contract requirements and the Regulatory Requirements.
- Performing field tests for troubleshooting and implementing process improvements.
- Reviewing computerized operating and laboratory data.
- Working with the Maintenance team to ensure that the Plant is maintained properly.
- Ensuring working procedures are performed in compliance with Company safety standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- The incumbent will be part of an On-Call rotation, which will result in after-hours callouts.
- Other duties as required.
What’s required to be successful
Qualifications, experience and behaviours the successful candidate will possess are:
- High school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education).
- Valid Level 3 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate.
- Candidates that have their Level 2 certification and are working towards attaining their Level 3 certification may be considered for the position.
- 5+ years of previous experience in a wastewater treatment plant.
- Previous experience with asset management software and SCADA control systems is a valuable asset.
- Possession of a valid Class 3A Motor Vehicle Operator's License (or able to obtain within 3 months of date of hire) with 6 or fewer demerits. Ability to qualify for and maintain a valid EPCOR driver's permit.
- A 5 year Drivers Abstract will be required at the time of hire
- A 5th class Boilerman (Fireman’s) certificate is a valuable asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applicable computer process software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Working understanding of biological systems and Wastewater Plant Operations.
As the ideal candidate, the qualifications (skills and behaviours) listed above are supplemented by your strong problem solving skills and proven ability to exercise good judgement in completing required objectives. You have well-developed and effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to work well within a team environment. You demonstrate the ability to achieve objectives on time and to a defined standard, you continuously look for and advocate for opportunities to improve products, streamline processes, increase efficiency, reduce waste and improve results. You are willing to adhere to EPCOR’s standard processes and to contribute to improving them, while demonstrating a strong commitment to safety. Additionally, other demonstrated competencies include taking initiative, adapting to change and focusing on continuous improvement.
On Team EPCOR, we believe in building an engaging, inclusive and diverse work culture that inspires creative thinking, innovation and adds value to our communities. Our organization is a place where everyone is welcome, and where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of the Team EPCOR you are expected to act with integrity and uphold a respectful, ethical, and open workplace.
Other important facts about this job
Please apply online only: www.epcor.com/careers
Permanent Fulltime, #12665: Click Here
Open until July 31, 2022
Hours of work: 80 hours bi-weekly, Shifts/days vary. Overtime, weekend and shift work may be required. The successful candidate must also participate in the on-call rotation system.
Note: We look forward to receiving your application and will be in contact with you, should you be selected for an interview. This posting is for a current opportunity and while no posting end date is indicated, it may close at any time (after the initial 14-day period), based on fulfillment of business needs. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.