TOWN OF VIRDEN
The Town of Virden has an immediate opening for a Plant Operator in the Water and Wastewater Department. The successful applicant will be part of the team that carries out the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the water treatment, distribution, collection and wastewater treatment systems. Preference will be given to applicants that have achieved certification through the Water and Wastewater Facility Operator Certification Program, but consideration will be given to all applicants.
- Effective basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Effective basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic mechanical ability to perform maintenance on equipment
- Grade Twelve Diploma
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Level II certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection from Manitoba Environment
- Level III certification in Wastewater treatment from Manitoba Environment
The starting wage range for this position is $21.30 to $27.83 per hour, dependent on level of certification. The Town of Virden offers a comprehensive benefits package, and provides training and development opportunities to its employees.
Scheduled work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with weekend shifts and on-call rotation every fourth weekend. These hours and shifts could vary depending on requirements of the Employer, weather or other circumstances.
Please forward resumes, complete with cover letter to:
Town of Virden
Deadline for applications is Friday, July 1, 2022 at 4:00 pm.