Prairie View Municipality UTILITY OPERATOR
FULL-TIME PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prairie View Municipality is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Utility Operator.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the water treatment, distribution, wastewater and storm water collection systems and facilities.
The successful applicant must posses the following:
- Possess and maintain a class 5 driver’s license.
- Class 2 certification through MWWA program in Water Treatment, Class 1 in Water Distribution, and Wastewater Collection and Treatment. Consideration may be given to applicants with partial or no certification who are willing to complete the necessary provincial certifications. The municipality may cover the cost of training.
- Ability to communicate effectively to establish and maintain an all-encompassing working relationship with the staff, public and contractors in a courteous manner.
- Willingness to handle call-outs as required.
- he ability to effectively manage operations and assets in a cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and enthusiasm in their approach toward fulfilling responsibilities.
A detailed listing of duties and responsibilities is available at the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prairie View Municipality offers a comprehensive benefits package with salary as per the current collective agreement.
Please forward your cover letter stating your interest in the position to the undersigned. This position will be open until filled.
Charlene Bonchuk, CAO
Prairie View Municipality
678 Main Street, Box 70
Birtle, MB R0M 0C0
Prairie View Municipality wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.