Utility Operator II
Posting Date: February 14, 2022
The Municipality of Alexander is currently accepting applications for the position of Utility Operator II. This position is full time and is responsible for the operations of the Water Distribution and Waste Water Treatment systems within the Municipality of Alexander.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Certification in Level II Water Treatment, Level I Water Distribution, Level I Wastewater Collection and Level I Wastewater Treatment. Consideration may be given to applicants with partial certification who are willing to complete the necessary certifications
- Manitoba Driver’s License, minimum Class 5
- A high understanding of mechanical and technical functions of a water treatment plant
- Experience in the operation of an excavator and/or backhoe
- Experience in construction, repair, and operation of water and sewer lines
- A willingness to undertake advance training in all areas of public works and utility functions
- Physically fit and mentally able to perform the required tasks
Under the supervision of the Manager of Public Works and Utilities, the incumbent will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Rural Municipality’s utilities, while ensuring administrative compliance with provincial and municipal legislation:
- Great Falls Water Treatment Class II
- Great Falls Wastewater collection system including lift station and lagoon
- St. Georges Wastewater collection system including lagoon
- Hwy 304 and Traverse Bay lagoons
- Small water utility – Beaches area
- Other duties include working with all aspects of public works
RATE OF PAY: $24.61 to $29.05 per hour.
This is a unionized position and rate of pay is subject to change as a result of ongoing negotiations.
The Municipality of Alexander offers a comprehensive benefits package as per the current collective agreement.
Written applications will be accepted by the undersigned until position is filled.
Municipality of Alexander
ATTN: Public Works Manager
St. Georges, MB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.