The Town of Minnedosa
invites applications for a permanent position for a
Water Treatment Plant Operator
The Town of Minnedosa maintains and operates two Water Treatment Plants and a continuous discharge Lagoon Waste Water Treatment System. Water Treatment Plant I is a Class 1 Water Treatment Facility and Water Treatment Plant II is a Class 2 Facility. The Water Distribution System is a Class II. The Wastewater Collection System is a Class II and the Waste Water Treatment is a Class I.
The successful candidate will:
- possess a Grade 12 education or equivalent,
- either be a graduate of, enrolled in or be willing to enroll in the Manitoba Water & Wastewater Association's Certificate Courses in Potable Water and Waste Water Treatment; if not enrolled the successful applicant will do so within 30 days of commencement of duties; the courses must be successfully passed
- be willing to participate in any other additional training related to the position that the Town directs;
- possess electrical and mechanical working aptitudes;
- possess at least a current valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver's License;
- as part of the Utilities Team you must be able to work evenings and weekends as required on an on-call rotation and for any call out emergencies that may arise from time to time; including being able to do hard physical labor in all weather conditions
- be knowledgeable and willing to learn and work with related computer programs and be able to maintain accurate operating reports;
- be a team player, maintain high standards of conduct, be respectful to the public we serve, be able to demonstrate sound work ethics;
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Town offers an attractive benefits package.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of vaccination in accordance with the Town of Minnedosa’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
To view the full job description please visit www.discoverminnedosa.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Stacy Andrews, Municipal Clerk
Town of Minnedosa
Box 426, Minnedosa, MB R0J 1E0
Resumes will be accepted until 4:00pm on Wednesday, January 12, 2021.
Thank you to all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.