Hydrant & Valve Maintenance
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
Start Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Grandview Kinsmen Community Centre - 435 Burrows Ave.
Presenter: Kurtis Robson, Deblo Industries Ltd.
8:30 - 10:00 am - AWWA Valve and Hydrant Specifications and General Standards including:
- Benefits of hydrant maintenance program
- Purchasing hydrants and valves
- Discussing the difference between Sliding Gate and Compression Hydrants
Coffee Break: 10:00 - 10:30 am
10:30 - 12:00 pm
- Analyzing Hydrant defects
- Installation Problems
- Fire flow classifications
Lunch: 12:00 - 12:30 pm
12:30 - 4:00 pm
- Workshop in the field working on hydrants, taking them apart, discussing the repairs needed and reassembling the hydrants. Each hydrant and isolation valve will be operated upon completion.
4:30 - Adjourn
Participants in this workshop are eligible for 0.6 CEUS under the Manitoba Operator Certification program.
No refunds or cancellations after August 23rd, 2019. Please ensure that payment for the workshop has been received by the MWWA office before Friday, August 30th, 2019.
Course fee includes lunch, refreshments and course materials
Please pay for workshop online with your Credit Card.
In the event of attendee no show, refunds will not be issued.
Substitutions will be permitted.
Attendees will be considered registered only when payment has been received.
- MWWA Membership applications available at: https://mwawa.wildapricot.org/join-us