Water Treatment Plant Operator
Pembina Valley Water Cooperative is hiring a Water Treatment Plant Operator to join their team at the Stephenfield plant. Experienced operators or someone wanting to start a new career in water are both encouraged to apply.
Perform day-to-day activities consisting of the control of the water treatment process, which impacts the volume and quality of the potable water. This may include performance of day-to-day maintenance, process checks, troubleshooting, laboratory, administration, special study work or duties with respect to reservoirs and pumping stations.
· Excellent benefits package offered by the municipal government program
· Company matched retirement savings program (starts at 8% match)
· Strong support for internal training to obtain CEU’s for progression
· Strong safety focus
· 8-hour day shifts and some weekends
· Water Treatment Certification an asset
· Ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and in inclement weather conditions
· Valid driver’s licence
· Good communication skills
· A good team player and positive attitude
· Good mechanical aptitude
· Experience in a computerized environment
· Post secondary education or experience in mechanical or electrical field an asset.
Training will be provided to obtain water plant operator certification.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2019 or call 204-324-1931 for more information.
Pembina Valley Water Coop is Manitoba’s 3rd largest water utility producing potable water for 14 municipalities in south central Manitoba. Three water plants feed a network of over 9,000 square kilometers.