Project Engineer/Project Manager (2 Year Term – with possible permanent employment)
This opportunity is to provide Engineering / Project Management support for the Pembina Valley Water Cooperative Inc. located in Altona, Manitoba. The role is to support the execution of several major capital projects at the Water Treatment Plants located in Letellier, Morris and Stephenfield and in the Distribution System connecting the plants to our customers in south central Manitoba. This involves interfacing with government, customers, engineers and employees.
What You Will Do:
· Develop Design Basis for capital projects to give direction to the engineering firm.
· Develop RFP’s for Engineering Services for capital projects.
· Support RFP development for construction tender and awarding.
· Support detailed design for proposed projects with identified engineering firm.
· Support the development of plan layouts, P&C drawings and engineering drawing development.
· Specify major valves, piping instruments and other equipment consistent with existing standards.
· Work with plant operators to incorporate their ideas for an improved design.
· Provide innovative ideas to reduce potential project costs.
· Research technology to ensure appropriate design for our water characteristics and plant conditions.
· Hold drawing reviews with plant operators to ensure thorough input to engineering design firm.
· Identify a plan to build safety into the design and construction of the project.
· Monitor and manage project schedule to ensure milestones are met.
· Ensure detailed construction plans are completed for execution of the project.
· Field supervision for ongoing projects.
· Ensure a training plan is developed to train all operations staff on the new equipment and processes.
· Manage the purchasing process and status on equipment delivery.
· Develop a list of required spare parts for plant upgrades.
· Develop a process for pre-start-up checks, start-up of new equipment and final project verification.
· Participate in and lead Project meetings.
· Have fun.
What You Will Bring:
· Experience in project management up to $20 million.
· Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, civil and process control systems.
· Prior experience in budgeting, cost tracking and forecasting.
· Experience in working with Engineering Design firms.
· Ability to work independently.
· Have knowledge of the safety regulations.
· Engineering Degree, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent.
· Experience in managing construction projects.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to email@example.com by January 21, 2019 or call 204-324-1931 for more information.
Pembina Valley Water Coop is Manitoba’s 3rd largest water utility in the province, producing potable water for 14 municipalities in south central Manitoba. Three water plants feed a network of over 9,000 square kilometers.