This opportunity is to provide Operations leadership for the Pembina Valley Water Cooperative Inc. located in Altona, Manitoba. The role is to ensure systems are in place and executed to manage the operations at Water Treatment Plants located in Letellier, Morris and Stephenfield and the Distribution System connecting the plants to the 14 municipal customers and 4 non-municipal customers. This involves interfacing with government, customers, suppliers and employees.
What You Will Do:
· Monitor and provide integrated operations leadership between the 3 plants and distribution system.
· Provide leadership for a collaborative initiative with 14 municipalities and the Office of Drinking Water to develop an integrated reporting system for sampling, incident reporting and compliance reporting.
· Provide leadership and support to ensure a proactive safety culture.
· Ensure rigorous job planning process is maintained for repairs and replacement of equipment.
· Maintain good communication and a positive relationship with regulators.
· Provide leadership and support for the establishment of a long-term Asset Management Program.
· Support the training, certification and employee development process.
· Foster an environment for continuous improvement within the organization.
· Ensure budgets for plant maintenance, chemicals, labour and supplies are monitored and met.
· Attend industry conferences to network and identify new approaches and technology.
· Ensure analysis of the operation occurs for process optimization and cost reduction.
· Support the development of operational and capital budgets, tracking and forecasting of spending.
· Provide support and direction for operational leadership.
· Management of projects and initiatives.
· Participate in Board of Director meetings.
· Be an active member of the Leadership Team.
· Have fun.
What You Will Bring:
· Excellent working knowledge and experience in utility or manufacturing environment.
· Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
· Experience in collaboration as a team player.
· Experience in providing leadership for employee development.
· Knowledge of DCS/ SCADA process control systems
· Prior experience in budgeting, cost analysis and forecasting.
· Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Commerce, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent.
· Strong safety leadership.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to email@example.com by January 17, 2019 or call 204-324-1931 for more information.
Pembina Valley Water Coop is Manitoba’s 3rd largest water utility in the province, producing potable water for 14 municipalities in south central Manitoba. Three water plants feed a network of over 9,000 square kilometers.