Water Treatment Operator Level 3
Class 2 Certification
More than one position may be filled from this competition
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City’s water treatment operations. Assists the Class 4 and/or Class 3 Operators with operating the equipment that processes water to acceptable standards. Works towards achieving the certifications, qualifications and experience required to perform the tasks of the Class 4 Operator at the Water Treatment Facility.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Must hold and maintain a Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- A Class 2 Operator’s Certificate in Water Treatment as issued by Manitoba Conservation;
- Any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation;
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a Water Treatment Facility.
- Must possess the ability to work in heights, confined spaces, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to participate in continuing education in order to achieve further certifications.
- Two – four years’ post-secondary education in a science field.
- A Class 5 Power Engineering certification issued under the Power Engineer’s Act and regulation within twenty four (24) months of appointment;
- A Class 4 Power certification issued under the Power Engineer’s Act and regulation within forty-eight (48) months of appointment;
NOTE: The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume online at http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Posting Date: September 6, 2022
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on September 20, 2022.
First consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include physical testing, written testing and an interview.
Rate of Pay:
$28.53 – $34.99 per hour - 2022 rates.
|Position Conditions: This permanent, full-time opportunity of 40 hours per week will include evening & weekend shifts. This position is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community!