Second Posting Town of Beausejour Operations Department - Operator 2
The Town of Beausejour is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Operator 2 for the Operations Department.
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the incumbent shall be responsible for a variety of duties related to Public Works and Water Works Operations with a focus on the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater systems and infrastructure.
Duties may include but are not limited to the operation of the water treatment and wastewater treatment plants, maintenance of the water distribution and wastewater collection networks, collection and recording of data, transportation infrastructure maintenance, and equipment maintenance.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- At a minimum must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to lead and ability to work well with all employees effectively and courteously.
- Ability to communicate effectively to establish and maintain an all-encompassing working relationship with the staff, public and contractors in a courteous manner.
- Must possess WT 1, WD 1, WWC 1, WWT 1.
- Must possess or the ability to possess Provincial Certification for – WT 2, WD 2, WWC 2, WWT 2.
- Will assume full duties and responsibilities of the above noted Provincial Certification including but not limited to the Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment processes.
- Will participate in the stand-by rotation.
- Must have the ability to work various shifts and stand-by shifts as required.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or handle call-outs as required.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment assigned to the Operations Department.
- Ability to calculate aggregate on a “per task basis”.
- Ability to calculate and order dust control products as required.
- Working knowledge of drainage maintenance activities.
- Working knowledge of Traffic Safety practices.
Please see the link below for the complete position posting.
Resumes will be accepted by the undersigned until a suitable candidate is found.
Vesuvia (Vee) Scromeda, CMMA
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Beausejour
Box 1028, 639 Park Avenue
Beausejour, Manitoba R0E 0C0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Beausejour wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
Link to: Complete Job Description/Posting