WATER & WASTEWATER OPERATOR
The Town of Powerview‐Pine Falls is accepting applications for the position of Water and Wastewater Operator. This position is assisting in the operation of a Class III 22.5 litre/sec Water Treatment Facility with a Class II Community Distribution System. The operator will also be responsible for the operation of two separate wastewater collection systems and associated lagoons. The Water and Wastewater Operator will be required to complete a supervised training program with the expectation to perform all maintenance/management including re‐ordering supplies and chemicals and all necessary operating functions associated with the Powerview‐Pine Falls Water Treatment Plant.
- A minimum of Grade Twelve education with a Certification in Manitoba Class II Water Treatment;
- Must be willing to obtain the following certifications within the first year of hire:
- Water Distribution Class I
- Wastewater Collection Class I
- Wastewater Distribution Class I
- Must be willing to complete courses for continuing education/training.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Ability to work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Must be available for work shift rotation of weekend shifts and on call evenings.
- The ability to operate computer and applicable software.
- Must be able to follow written/oral directions and possess good communication skills with other staff as well as the public.
- Bilingual communication skills are considered an asset
The Town of Powerview‐Pine Falls offers a complete benefits package and competitive salary to this position. Interested applicants should submit a resume to the Chief Administrative Officer:
Attention: Sharon Desiatnyk
Box 220, 277 B Main Street
Powerview, MB R0E 1P0
Fax 367‐4747 Ph: 367‐8483
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those invited for a personal interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting
Foreman Ken Peacock 204‐340‐6347