The City of Winkler
- The Utilities Maintenance role will serve the public by maintaining and operating water and sewer infrastructure and equipment.
- Install water meters, take readings and perform basic calculations
- Perform inspections of water meters, backflow prevention devices, grease/pit interceptors and provide reports
- Provide support to staff in repairing infrastructure
- Operate light service equipment
- Perform routine work assignments
- Experience in water and wastewater facilities preferred
- Ability to obtain Class 3 driver’s licence within 6 months of hire date
- Possess basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
- Ability to gain through studies – Manitoba Water and Wastewater certification
o Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution within 1 year of employment
o Class 1 Wastewater Treatment & Collection within 1 year of employment
- Will be required to obtain Confined Space Training, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, forklift, basic first aid, CPR and immunization for Hepatitis
- Clear written and oral communication skills are required.
- Physically capable of performing work tasks, extended periods of walking required
- Grade 12 education is required
- This role works under the supervision of the Utilities Foreman
- This position requires standby and on call duties to respond to afterhours emergencies.
- Occasional overtime may be required
Forward resumes by April 16, 2021.
City of Winkler
185 Main Street
Attention: Jake Wiens, Utilities Foreman
We thank all candidates for their expression of interest; however we will contact only those under consideration. Candidates may be subject to a criminal record check.