The Municipality of Pembina requires a full time Utility Operator to work under the direction of the Urban Public Works Manager.
· Grade Twelve or G.E.D. equivalent.
· Basic plumbing, piping and mechanical skills.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence.
· A working knowledge of applicable Workplace Safety and Health and WHMIS training.
· Ability to work in confined spaces.
· Ability to work with the public, employees and external stakeholders
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision or alone when needed.
· Must be able to respond within 30 minutes of an emergency.
· Class 1 Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection & Treatment certifications.
· Experience in operating light equipment and trucks with ability to learn heavy equipment operation.
· Class 3A drivers licence.
· Assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of the utilities including but not limited to the water treatment plant, water distribution system, sewers, lift stations and lagoons.
· Assisting in the general operation in the Public Works Departments involving general maintenance works within the Municipality of Pembina.
· The employee in this position will also be expected to work extended hours, weekends and in emergency situations as required.
· Compliance with the Municipality of Pembina Human Resource Policy, Workplace Health and Safety Standards and the Municipality of Pembina Health and Safety Manual. All training deemed necessary for the position will be provided by the municipality; travel and overnight stays may be required.
The Municipality of Pembina offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. An application package is available by contacting:
Wes Unrau, CAO
Municipality of Pembina
360 Highway No. 3
Fax: (204) 242-2798
Applicants who do not meet the above qualifications will be welcomed, provided they are willing to obtain certification in the future. The deadline of application submissions is open until filled.