THE RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF ROCKWOOD
CASUAL / PART-TIME / WEEKENDS
The Rural Municipality of Rockwood’s utility jurisdictions are Stony Mountain, Balmoral, Gunton and a portion of Grosse Isle.
Under direction of the Utility Manager, the Part-Time Utility Operator will assist in the operation of modern Class II Reverse Osmosis treatment system, Class II Water Distribution Systems, and Class II Wastewater Collection. The Part-Time Utility Operator is expected to conduct necessary weekend water analysis to ensure Canadian drinking water quality guidelines are met, and to participate in the work schedule in effect as established by the Utility Manager.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
· Directly related experience in operation of a Reverse Osmosis process would be an asset
· Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of the principles and concepts of water treatment
· Excellent computer skills and familiarity with SCADA control, Microsoft Word and Excel are a definite asset
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision or alone
· Ability to work with the public, employees and external stakeholders
· Class II in Water Treatment, or willing to obtain
· Class II in Water Distribution, or willing to obtain
· Class II in Wastewater Collection, or willing to obtain
· Class II in Wastewater Treatment
Duties to commence as soon as possible.
Applicants who do not meet the above qualifications will be welcomed, providing they are willing to obtain certification in the future.
Salary shall commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a complete resume outlining education, experience, and three references, and should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked:
“Application Part-Time Utility Operator” on the outside and mailed or delivered to the Attention of Alan Schick, Utility Manager, The Rural Municipality of Rockwood, Box 902, 285 Main Street, Stonewall MB R0C 2Z0, or via Email: email@example.com or Fax: 204-467-5329.
The deadline for application submissions is open until filled.
For further information on this position, please contact Alan Schick, Utility Manager 204-467-2272.
The Rural Municipality of Rockwood would like to thank all the applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.