The City of Winkler
Under the direction of the Utilities Foreman, the successful candidate will serve the Community by maintaining and operating water and sewer infrastructure and equipment. Standby and on call duties to respond to after-hours emergencies will be required.
· Experience in water and wastewater facilities preferred
· Ability to obtain Class 3 driver’s license within 6 months of hire date
· Possess basic electrical and plumbing knowledge
· Ability to gain through studies – Manitoba Water and Wastewater certification
o Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution within 1 year of employment
o Class 1 Wastewater Treatment & Collection within 1 year of employment
· Will be required to obtain Confined Space Training, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, forklift, basic first aid, CPR and immunization for Hepatitis
· Clear written and oral communication skills are required.
· Physically capable of performing work tasks
· Grade 12 education is required
Forward resumes with cover letter by February 5, 2020 to:
City of Winkler
185 Main Street
Subject: Utilities Maintenance Application, Name
We thank all candidates for their expression of interest; however we will contact only those under consideration. Candidates may be subject to a criminal record check.