Permanent, Full Time
The successful candidate will help support the water treatment, distribution operations and wastewater systems within the RM, until they are certified to manage the systems on their own. The Utility Operator must be well organized, be detail oriented, and be able to work on tasks on a priority basis.
- Support Distribution Operators and Water Treatment Plant Managers
- Perform general maintenance tasks on a regular basis
- Do daily checks on the booster stations (distribution systems) and Water Treatment Plants (WTP), when trained to do so
- Read, and record data from the booster stations, WTP and supply wells
- Complete reports on Word, Excel and other computer software
- Operate flush outs on distribution system
- Continue to complete Class one and/or two certification through the MWWA and MC&WS
- Other duties as assigned
· The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Grade 12 Diploma
- Have a valid Class 5.0 Driver’s License
- Have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physically capable of walking through rough terrain
- Able to work shifts and on call weekends
- Be willing to complete the courses and certification necessary to work on the water system through the Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship, certification program
- Strong sense of self-motivation & attention to detail
- A Class One or Two Certification in one or all the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Program from the Province of Manitoba is an Asset
- Computer experience in GPS equipment, ArcMap software, GIS data collection, and Google earth is an Asset
- Any mechanical trades experience or mechanical work experience would be considered an Asset
- Level One certification hourly wage ranges from $ 17.00 - $ 22.00 per hour.
- Level Two certification will be above the Level one, and will depend on years of experience.
Application Deadline is June 20, 2019
To apply, email: email@example.com or send resume to:
Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth
Virden, MB R0M-2C0
Telephone: (204) 748-1239
Fax: (204) 748-3450
The R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth thanks you for your interest in the position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.