Equipment Operator – Level 4
Sewer & Water Utilities
More than one position may be filled from this competition
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City’s Utilities Section.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Grade 12, G.E.D. , or Mature High School Diploma;
· Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 1 with Air Endorsement Province of Manitoba drivers licence;
· Hold, or obtain within eighteen (18) months of appointment, Level l Certification in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection;
· Hold or obtain within 36 months of appointment Level 2 Certification in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection;
· Required to obtain all certifications required by provincial regulations;
· Experience operating equipment digging excavations in the maintenance of underground installations.
Competition # 190009
Please apply with a resume and cover letter online at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Posted Date: January 24, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until
11:59 p.m. on February 7, 2019.
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$22.79 – $28.19 per hour - 2018 rates. (Wage increases are based on hours and obtaining certifications.)
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!