City of Portage la Prairie
Assistant Manager of Engineering
Reporting directly to the Manager of Engineering, the Assistant Manager of Engineering is responsible for the design, preparation of tenders, and project management of major infrastructure capital projects, including, street reconstruction, sewer and water rehabilitation, and land drainage projects. The successful applicant requires a working knowledge of mathematics, surveying, drafting and engineering design requirements, project management, and municipal infrastructure. The work requires constant review of development standards and recommendation for improvements.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating the qualifications outlined below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applicants able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Completion of a Certified Engineering Technologist program.
- Four (4) years of previous experience in surveying, drafting and municipal engineering techniques.
- Ability to use computerized technology and software such as; AutoCad, Civil 3D, ESRI, ArcGIS, Cityworks, WaterCad, SewerCad and StormCad, and other GIS and asset management software, to effectively direct and supervise staff, and manage projects.
- Experience operating GPS survey equipment and electronic survey equipment.
- Experience managing financial resources, including development of operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal, Provincial and Municipal statutes, regulations, and programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment.
SALARY: This position offers a competitive salary range of $66,590 to $78,341 and benefit package.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, 1 hour for lunch, Monday to Friday
SCOPE: The position falls within the MANAGEMENT & CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYEES AGREEMENT and is subject to all terms and conditions of the agreement.
Interested applicants may apply, in confidence, by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2019 AND MARKED “ASSISTANT MANAGER OF ENGINEERING”
If you would like more information about this position or the City of Portage la Prairie please visit www.city-plap.com or contact Brandy Smith, HR Officer at (204) 239-8338.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.