Assistant Utility Operator
Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie
The Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Utility Operator.
Under the direction of the Utility Operations Supervisor, the successful candidate will serve the Municipality by maintaining and operating water and sewer infrastructure and equipment. Standby and on-call duties to respond to after-hours emergencies is required.
There is also a requirement to operate and maintain equipment and property in Oakville, MB.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- Experience in operating light equipment and trucks with ability to learn heavy equipment operation;
- Basic welding, plumbing, piping and mechanical skills would be an asset;
- Possess or ability to gain through studies – Class 2 Water Distribution and Class 1 Wastewater Collection & Treatment Certification;
- Physically capable of heavy lifting;
- Completion of Grade Twelve or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Requirement to maintain first aid and CPR Certification;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with computer software applications such as Word and Excel;
- A working knowledge of applicable Workplace Safety and Health and WHMIS training.
The RM of Portage la Prairie offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications with a current wage range from $16.26 to $28.05 per hour.
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2019 to:
“Assistant Utility Operator”
R.M. of Portage la Prairie
35 Tupper Street South
Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1W7
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.