Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Operator – Winnipeg, MB
Industrial Wastewater Operator
Aureus Solutions is seeking an Industrial Wastewater Operator to join our growing and dynamic team. This position is based in Winnipeg, MB and will report to our Water and Wastewater Operations Manager. The typical shift is Monday-Friday at 35 hrs/week. On-call and off-hours support may be required. Salary range is based on experience, ranging from $25-$35/hr. Additional bonuses will be available for on-call and off-hours response. Company health and dental benefits are available.
Founded in 2005, we work with clients throughout the world to better manage their environmental, water and wastewater responsibilities and risks. Our unique blend of technical and practical experience, gained through a variety of markets, regions and clients (both large and small) allows us to provide custom solutions to our client’s unique challenges by applying tested best practices and lessons learned. Our approach focuses on empowering/improving a clients existing resources to help ensure solutions are understood, accepted, implemented and maintained. We pride ourselves in being responsive and considerate to our client’s unique needs and challenges.
Responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
· Perform daily operations and maintenance in accordance performance needs and municipal requirements
· Monitor and report on plant performance
· Identify and take corrective actions to operating problems in the treatment plant
· Manage contractors
· Light maintenance on instrumentation, pumps and equipment
· Other duties as assigned
· Completion of Grade 12 Diploma; or GED
· Provincial licencing is not required, however, a preference will be given to: Related Post-Secondary education in Wastewater Treatment/Wastewater Collection, or applicable provincial certification(s) in this field
· Valid driver license
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
· Proficient in MS Office and an ability to adapt to other software applications
· Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently as the need requires
· Availability to be on-call work and respond to alarms
· Ability to function in a team environment and with off-site supervision
Training opportunities and career growth will be provided for the right candidate. This role may include short-term travel within MB and northern Ontario.
Please address any questions and/or applications to firstname.lastname@example.org