Manager of Underground Utilities
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Manager of Underground Utilities will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Underground Utilities section to meet the needs of the City of Brandon. This position will be involved in the setting of long and short-range plans, capital and operating budgets, policies and staffing controls. The Manager of Underground Utilities also maintains relationships with all other Departments within the City of Brandon.
MANDATORY EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 GED or Mature High School Diploma;
- Class IV Operator’s Certificate in Water Distribution (as issued by the Province of Manitoba); AND obtain up to a Level 2 in Wastewater Collection (as issued by the Province of Manitoba); through passing exams within 18 months;
- Minimum of two (2) years in a progressive leadership role;
- § Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 5, Province of Manitoba driver’s license.
- Experience working with collective agreements or corporate policies;
- Hold both Class IV Operator’s Certificate in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection as issued by the Province of Manitoba;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma related to Water Distribution and/or Wastewater Collection, or similar;
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in Water Distribution or Wastewater Collection or similar operations.
Competition # 210077
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Posted on: September 1, 2021
Applications will be accepted until
11:59 p.m. on October 1, 2021.
This position is not included in a Collective Agreement.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position
Rate of Pay:
$83,751 – $90,362 - 2021 annual rates
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community!