Remote Wastewater Treatment Operator – Full-Time
Location: Jasper, Alberta
Department: Treatment Operations
Reports to: Water and Wastewater Operations Manager with day-to-day reporting to the Treatment Operations Supervisor
Aquatera provides high quality, environmentally sustainable utility services and optimized value to customers and shareholders. As an exemplary employer, we look for people who can live our values, and are committed to high quality work and great customer service.
We are currently recruiting for Wastewater Treatment Operators for a Class IV Wastewater Treatment plant located in Jasper, Alberta.
This challenging position involves:
- Shift work, working alone and participation in the stand-by schedule
- Operation of a Level IV BNR WWTP as required including chemical top up, mixing and off loading
- Performing facility operation and maintenance tasks related to process monitoring and optimization
- Coordination of externally contracted maintenance, as required
- Laboratory and field analysis
- Reporting and detailed record keeping
- Observation, preventative maintenance and checks of all WWTP areas and discharge of lagoons
- Operation of heavy equipment such as skid steers
- Other related duties as assigned
- Travel and overnight stays at remote worksites may be required
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and, will:
- Be based out of Jasper
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be self-motivated, organized and safety conscious
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently without direct supervision
- Have a proven mechanical aptitude, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a basic knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, biology, and computers
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Consistently model Aquatera’s Values and Principles and incorporate continuous improvement initiatives
- Have prior education/experience in the Wastewater Treatment field
- Have a minimum Level 1 Wastewater Treatment AEP certification
- Have a valid Class five Drivers’ license
- Class 3 Drivers’ license would be an asset
- Have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent
The successful candidate will require a valid Class 5 driver’s license, will be required to provide a driver’s abstract satisfactory to the Employer and pass a 50lb fitness test.
The wage range is dependent on level of certification as outlined in the current C.U.P.E. collective agreement. We offer a full benefit package and extensive opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting is active until position is filled.