*Coming in Fall/Winter 2013:
- Meter Maintenance – Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 – Winnipeg – Brochure & registration information available here.
- Filter Surveillance – 2 day – November 19 & 20th, 2013 – Portage la Prairie – Brochure and Registration information available here.
You must pre-register and pre-pay for all workshops – no walk-ins will be accepted.
Please check back regularily for more workshop updates.
The MWWA conducts a number of workshops during the winter months when the possibility of inclement weather could arise. Should the weather be questionable, contact us toll free at (866) 396-2549 or locally at (204) 239-6868 or on the website to determine whether or not your workshop will be proceeding.
ABC – Study materials to help you succeed.
ABC standardized exams include an ABC Formula/Conversion Table to assist examinees. These tables contain mathematical formulas and define common abbreviations that may be present on an ABC certification exam. Please contact the certifying authority for your state, province, or geopolitical region to determine if ABC Formula/Conversion table to use for your examination.
Link to ABC website: http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/formulas_conversion_tables.asp
Red River College – 2014 Water & Wastewater School
WCW Correspondence Courses
Educational Information and Courses
2014 MWWA Conference and Trade Show
February 9 – 12th, 2014
Canad Inn – 2401 Sask. Avenue West
Portage la Prairie, MB
Phone Canad Inn: 1-204-857-0745; Booking Code: 161524.
Phone Super 8: 1 (204) 857-8883 – Group Code: MWW1 – Group confirmation # 046-317092
Phone Days Inn: 1 (204) 857-9791 – Group code: MWWA – Group confirmation #: 603-316426
**Please pre-register and pre-pay for the Conference.
Canadian Drinking Water Quality – Guidelines
Wastewater Systems Effluent – Environment Canada “Regulations”
Is your Certification coming up for Renewal?
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) will be required for renewal of unrestricted operator certificate every 5 years.
Effective January 1, 2013 operators will need between 1.5 and 6.0 CEU for certificate renewals every 5 years, Class 3 and 4 certificate renewals will require 6.0 CEU;
Class 1 and 2 certificate renewals will require 3.5 CEU and Small System certificate renewal will require 1.5 CEU.
For the purposes of the operator certification criteria, one CEU represents 10 contact-hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under the capable direction of qualified instructors or otherwise presented in a manner approved by the Director.
CEU courses are offered by a variety of providers. To be used towards certification, the subject must be “water or wastewater works operations, engineering, science, or a related field.”
- You should submit an application at least 2 months before the expiry date to give MB Conservation time to process the new certificate before the old one expires.
- A renewal form has been developed, and is available on the MB Conservations website at: http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/eal/certification/opcert_renewal.pdf
- Will the fee remain the same? The fee for renewal is $75.00.
- Further information available on MB Conservation/Water Stewardship website at: http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/eal/certification/ceuguideline.pdf